FAQ’s & CURRENT GYM GUIDELINES
Membership and Billing
Now you have re-opened how are you handling billing?
Now that the Club’s have reopened,membership fees and other collections for monthly payments will resume on or around the second of July.The credit owed to our early closure in March will be honoured in the month of June and the remaining days in the month will be gifted too our members as a goodwill gesture.
What if I paid my membership in advance for a year?
All of our annual and short-term members will be credited with an extension to their membership term either equal to the number of days the Club was closed or the remaining unexpired term of their Membership at the time of closure.
Are guest passes and short-term memberships still available?
We are no longer offering single day guest passes into our clubs until further notice.Short-term memberships are still able to be purchased for our existing clientele.
What is the clubs doing about cleaning and disinfecting in the gyms?
Club Carrefour is committed to providing a safe and clean environment for our members and employees.Our Club is following a strict and vigorous cleaning protocol that has been found effective against viruses.
- The entire premises will be cleaned and disinfected using Desquard cleaner.
- Our dedicated staff,will be on site throughout the day working to a comprehensive cleaning protocol in accordance with States of Jersey guidelines.
- Members are required to clean and disinfect all equipment before and after use with the provided spray cleaner and paper towels.
- Hand sanitiser and wipe stations have been strategically located throughout the Club for members and staff to use.
- All high touch point areas will be cleaned and disinfected on an hourly basis.
What is the Club doing about access and circulation?
- Parking-Members can park their vehicles in any space insuring that they do not exit their vehicle at the same time as other members exiting their vehicles.
- Queueing-Entrance and exit via reception will be restricted to one at a time. Physical distancing of 2m must be adhered to at all times.
- Reception-All members must sign in using their Club Membership card prior to entering the facility.Should you not have your card with you then you must notify the receptionist who will register your attendance manually prior to your entry.
- Changing rooms and shower facilities-Will remain closed under Level 2 Government guidelines.Toilets will remain available for use.
- Gym Floors– All equipment within the gyms has been arranged to ensure 2m physical distancing measures can be adhered to at all times.Boxing gloves and yoga mats will not be provided by the Club at this time and until further notice.
- Towels- Sweat towels are not permitted in the gym until further notice.
- First Aid- First aid,if required ,is available by our trained staff with appropriate PPE provided and used as required.
The safety and well-being of our staff and members remains our utmost priority during this global pandemic and recovery period.We encourage you to stay healthy and active during this time and urge all members to observe good personal hygiene and be socially responsible.It is a collective effort to keep yourself,your loved ones and everyone safe.
Is the number of people allowed in the Club limited?
Yes,we will be limiting the number of people permitted within our areas of the Club in accordance with States of Jersey guidelines. Currently this is set at 40 per site. Members will not have a current limitation of time in training.Capacity will be indicated via our social media Facebook and at main entrance with a traffic light system.This will be updated hourly.
Green- 0-25 members
Will members have to wear facemasks?
Members are not required to wear facemasks.
What rules do I have to follow as a member?
We want our members to stay healthy and active during this time and expect all members to observe good personal hygiene and be socially responsible by adhering to the following rules:
- You must use the hand sanitiser station at the main reception prior to entering the facility.
- You must sign in using your membership card before entering the facility.
- You must use the disinfectant sprays and wipes provided throughout the facility before and after using any equipment.
- You must observe Physical distancing at all times.
- You must stay at home if you have any Covid-19 symptoms,no matter how mild.This includes muscle ache,headache,loss of smell/taste,sore throat,fever,shortness of breath or a continuous new cough.
- All forms of exercise are permitted as long as the intensity doesn’t increase to a level which results in heavy continuous breathing but sweating is not considered a health risk under the Government guidelines.
What are the current operating hours?
Our opening hours remain as normal.
Is there going to be enough equipment to use?
Yes.We have rearranged our gym floors to ensure that the 2m physical distancing rules can be adhered to.Whilst this has naturally meant less equipment is available,this has been kept to a minimum .
Will the sauna areas be open?
Unfortunately we are unable to open the saunas at this time.
Will classes be recommencing immediately when you open?
No,we will be reviewing our timetable over the next few weeks and will soon be offering a reduced class schedule. Starting Monday 22nd June
Will I be able to resume my personal training sessions?
Personal training sessions will resume as normal adhering to the current guidelines.
Will the Clubroom be open?
The seating arrangements within the Clubroom have been reduced to expand the usable floor space within the gym to ensure that 2m physical distancing requirements are met.Beverages will not be available at present and all dishes and cutlery have been removed from the area.
**Members Update** 29/04/2020
We hope you are well and keeping safe and everyone is keeping as active and healthy as possible. We have managed to put a FREEZE on every members account from the 1st April 2020 so NO further payments will be taken so you have no need to make any amendments with your bank accounts and direct debit instructions.
Upon us getting the green light to reopen members will only be charged on a pro rata basis from the day we can trade. You will also be credited for the days we were enforced to close early.
If you pay for your membership annually upfront, it will be extended by the period of closure and you will be able to continue enjoying your membership for that extended period once our gyms are open again.
If your membership expires while we are closed, don’t worry. We are extending memberships and you can renew your membership once we reopen.
We hope this provides further clarity in order to be as fair as possible during these times.
Keep positive and stay active its essential for us all!
Any further enquiries please email; email@example.com this email is monitored daily.
How do I become a member?
Membership can be easily setup at either Health Club.we will require you to complete an application form at reception once you have decided on your membership option.Alternatively we are happy to email you a form.
What will I pay when I join?
You will be charged your membership pro rata amount based on the date you join and a joining fee.
What does my membership include at both Clubs?
Your membership includes full use of the gyms and all classes.
Is there a joining fee?
Yes you will be charged a £27 joining fee with all full membership types.
Do I have to commit to a yearly contract?
We offer several different types of membership. Membership can be paid monthly by direct debit on a non-contract or 12 monthly contract basis .Alternatively you can pay by cash, cheque or credit card for a temporary membership which can be anything from one day to one month.
Do I have to be a member to use the classes within the facilities?
No, we offer a class pass option for non-members to use. This entitles them to participate in any of the classes between both clubs. A 10 class pass is available at the cost of £70.00 with an extra £15.00 supplement for Bikram Yoga. **currently not available**
Is there a discount on annual membership?
Yes, with annual membership you receive two months discount off the total yearly subscription.
Why are there two separate membership rates between the clubs?
The reason being as a member of Club Carrefour it entitles you to the use of both Clubs whereas a member of Carrefour Metro gets the use of that facility only.
Will I be shown on how the equipment works?
Please speak to one of our helpful reception staff and they will be more than happy to organise an induction with one of our personal trainers.
Are there discounts on a joint membership?
Yes, if you are joining as a joint member you are only charged a single joining fee.
Is there parking at both the facilities?
Yes, there is free parking based at our Club in St Lawrence and easy access to Metro by the use of Green street car park.
Can I put my membership on hold for sickness or injury?
Yes, you can freeze your membership between two and six months at a charge of £5 per month.
Is there a beauty salon within both clubs?
There is a beauty salon in St Lawrence only and you will receive 10% discount with all full membership types.
Does the facility cater for all ages?
We have a minimum age acceptance of 16 years old as this falls under our young person’s membership from sixteen to twenty one please contact either of the clubs for further information.
Are the clubs open on bank holidays?
Yes, the Clubs are open throughout the year with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Please ring reception for further details on the bank holidays opening hours.
Could I trial the facility before purchasing a membership?
Yes we can offer you a single day entry at the cost of £10.80 which can be reimbursed once joining on a full membership. **not currently available**
Is there internet access within the clubs?
Free WIFI is available in the clubs; please phone reception for further details.
Am I allowed to bring a guest?
Yes, full members of the Clubs are permitted to bring a single friend for a free day pass . **not currently available**
Terms and conditions apply.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact either club.