New Update – 03/12/2020
As instructed by the Government of Jersey we are closing Club Carrefour and Carrefour Metro from
today Thursday 3rd December. This announcement was unexpected and has given us very little time to prepare.
More importantly your continued membership is vital to the ongoing stability of our business. We are hopeful that we will be able to resume business in the coming weeks.
We will provide regular updates via our website www.clubcarrefour.co.uk and our Facebook page. Our reception at St Lawrence will remain open Monday to Saturday from 8am to 5pm to answer any queries you may have.
Our beauty department will remain open as normal. Vouchers and beauty products will be available to purchase from St Lawrence. If you have any specific queries or concerns please contact the team on 865555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership and Billing
Now you have re-opened how are you handling billing?
Now that the Club’s have reopened membership fees and other collections for monthly payments will resume on or around the second of July. The credit owed to our early closure in March will be honoured in the month of June and the remaining days in the month will be gifted to our members as a goodwill gesture to thank you for your continued support.
What if I paid my membership in advance for a year?
All of our annual and short-term members will be credited with an extension to their membership term either equal to the number of days the Club was closed or the remaining unexpired term of their Membership at the time of closure. Annual memberships cannot be frozen or refunded after the confirmed opening date. We are currently reverting back to our standard trading terms and conditions regarding all memberships.
Are guest passes and short-term memberships still available?
We are offering short-term memberships with a minimum of one month’s membership for new clients. Free Guest passes are currently not available. Members may still refer friends who would like to join the gym, if present with the members a £11.00 admin fee will be discounted against full memberships only.
Health and Safety Measures
What is the clubs doing about cleaning and disinfecting in the gyms?
Club Carrefour is committed to providing a safe and clean environment for our members and employees. Our Club is following a strict and vigorous cleaning protocol that has been found effective against viruses.
- The entire premises will be cleaned and disinfected using Desquard cleaner.
- Our dedicated staff will be on site throughout the day working to a comprehensive cleaning protocol in accordance with States of Jersey guidelines.
- Members are required to clean and disinfect all equipment before and after use with the provided spray cleaner and paper towels.
- Hand sanitiser and wipe stations have been strategically located throughout the Club for members and staff to use.
- All high touch point areas will be cleaned and disinfected on an hourly basis.
What is the Club doing about access and circulation?
- Parking – Members can park their vehicles in any space insuring that they do not exit their vehicle at the same time as other members exiting their vehicles.
- Queueing – Entrance and exit via reception will be restricted to one at a time. Physical distancing of 1m must be adhered to at all times.
- Reception – All members must sign in using their Club Membership card prior to entering the facility.Should you not have your card with you then you must notify the receptionist who will register your attendance manually prior to your entry.
- Changing rooms and shower facilities – Will remain restrictive under Level two Government guidelines.Toilets will remain available for use. Once level one is achieved showers and full changing facilities will open.
- Gym Floors – All equipment within the gyms has been arranged to ensure 2m physical distancing measures can be adhered to at all times.Boxing gloves and yoga mats will not be provided by the Club at this time and until further notice.
- Towels – Sweat towels are not permitted in the gym until further notice.
- First Aid – First aid, if required, is available by our trained staff with appropriate PPE provided and used as required.
The safety and well-being of our staff and members remains our utmost priority during this global pandemic and recovery period. We encourage you to stay healthy and active during this time and urge all members to observe good personal hygiene and be socially responsible.It is a collective effort to keep yourself, your loved ones and everyone safe.
Is the number of people allowed in the Club limited?
Yes, we will be limiting the number of people permitted within our areas of the Club in accordance with States of Jersey guidelines. Currently this is set at 40 per site. Members will not have a current limitation of time in training. Capacity will be indicated via our social media Facebook and at main entrance with a traffic light system. This will be updated regularly.
Green- 0-25 members
Will members have to wear facemasks?
Members are not required to wear facemasks.
What rules do I have to follow as a member?
We want our members to stay healthy and active during this time and expect all members to observe good personal hygiene and be socially responsible by adhering to the following rules:
- You must use the hand sanitiser station at the main reception prior to entering the facility.
- You must sign in using your membership card before entering the facility.
- You must use the disinfectant sprays and wipes provided throughout the facility before and after using any equipment.
- You must observe physical distancing at all times.
- You must stay at home if you have any Covid-19 symptoms, no matter how mild.This includes muscle ache, headache, loss of smell/taste, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath or a continuous new cough.
- All forms of exercise are permitted as long as the intensity doesn’t increase to a level which results in heavy continuous breathing but sweating is not considered a health risk under the Government guidelines.
General Operational Updates
What are the current operating hours?
Our opening hours remain as normal.
Is there going to be enough equipment to use?
Yes. We have rearranged our gym floors to ensure that the 2m physical distancing rules can be adhered to. Whilst this has naturally meant less equipment is available, this has been kept to a minimum.
Will the sauna areas be open?
Unfortunately we are unable to open the saunas at this time.
Will all classes be recommencing immediately when you open?
No, we will be continuously reviewing our timetable. Once level one is achieved we will be adding more classes to our current schedule.
Will I be able to resume my personal training sessions?
Personal training sessions will resume as normal adhering to the current guidelines.
Will the Clubroom be open?
The seating arrangements within the Clubroom has been reduced to expand the usable floor space within the gym to ensure that 1m physical distancing requirements are met. Beverages will not be available at present and all dishes and cutlery have been removed from the area.
If you have any further questions please contact either club using the below contact information.
Mon - Thurs 06.30 - 21:00
Fri 06.30 - 20:00
Sat 07.30 - 18:00
Sun 08.30 - 16:00
Mon - Thurs 06.00 - 21:00
Fri 06.00 - 20:00
Sat 08.00 - 18:00
Sun 08.00 - 16:00
La Grande Route
Tel: +44 (0)1534 865555
Tel: +44 (0)1534 739000
Site by Scoober Design.